With some boasting follower counts bigger than a small country, it’s no surprise that Instagram has become a lucrative earner for celebrities. But this lucrative?
A new list published by HopperHQ has provided an eye-watering look at how much some of the world’s biggest stars make from pushing sponsored content. Topping the chart in first place was Selena Gomez, who is said to make around $550,000 every time she sends out an endorsed post to her some 123,000,000 followers. That placed her in front of Kim Kardashian, who ranked in second place with an estimated $500,000.
Tying in third and fourth places with $400,000 per post was Cristiano Ronaldo, recently crowned the world’s highest-earning sportsman by Forbes, and Kendall Jenner, the latest member of team Adidas.
LeBron James was the only other male to make the top 10. With $120,000 earnings, he ranked in joint ninth place alongside Gigi Hadid.
The list in full is:
1. Selena Gomez — approx. $543,000
2. Kim Kardashian — approx. $498,000
3. Cristiano Ronaldo — approx. $400,000
4. Kylie Jenner — approx. $398,000
5. Kendall Jenner — approx. $368,000
6. Khloe Kardashian — approx. $249,000
7. Kourtney Kardashian — approx. $249,000
8. Cara Delevingne — approx. $150,000
9. Gigi Hadid — approx. $120,000
10. LeBron James — approx. $120,000